Is Independent Living Right for You or Your Loved One?
Independent living communities (also known as retirement communities, senior living communities or independent retirement communities) are housing designed for seniors 55 and older.
Independent senior living communities commonly provide apartments, but some also offer cottages, condominiums, and single-family homes.
Residents include seniors who do not require assistance with daily activities or 24/7 skilled nursing, but may benefit from convenient services, senior-friendly surroundings, and increased social opportunities that independent senior living communities offer. Most senior independent living facilities operate on a monthly rental basis and have several apartment models. The senior independent living is ideal for the elderly who can still manage to live independently without full-time help. Independent living facilities provide their residents with convenient access to dining, entertainment, and other senior-related services.
Independent Living Communities Offer:
1. Ability to live on their own an in an apartment or house.
2. Residents can take advantage of a full calendar of events, activities, outings, and countless opportunities for social engagement.
3. Conveniences of living within a community that provides services and amenities such as housekeeping, social activities, dining, transportation, and security.
Independent Living Communities Generally Include:
- One to three meals per day
- Weekly room cleaning services
- Social activities
- Bus transportation (on scheduled days) for shopping and medical appointments
- Private paid caregiver, agency sometimes contracted through facility available for hire.
- Price is based upon apartment
- Private pay only
Senior Living Options is a FREE service that provides experienced, professional help in finding the “right” senior living community.
A FREE, no-obligation consultation, so you’ll know what to expect and how I am going to help you.
Identifying Lifestyle Needs
An in-depth discussion to identify lifestyle preferences, care needs, location and financial considerations.
Reduce Monthly Costs
Helping you look into available funding options, such as Veteran’s Aid and Attendance, Long Term Care benefits, reverse mortgages––anything that can help reduce the monthly housing cost.
Personalized List of Local Housing Options
Providing a personalized list of the local housing options that will best meet your specific needs.
Touring the Communities
Setting up tours at each community we identify, and then accompanying you based on your preference. Until you’ve found the “right fit,” and you feel confident with your choice.